The 2021 Annual Implementation Report for the Interreg IPA Romania – Serbia Programme was approved by the Joint Monitoring Committee of the Programme and submitted to the European Commission. The latest data regarding programme implementation highlights the progress made by the programme in 2021, as follows:
· 52,929 citizens involved in cultural, social or health care activities;
· 51,666 people who benefited from the flood protection measures financed by the programme;
· 66 cross-border structures/initiatives for tourism promotion created;
· 1,811 people who benefited from professional training courses etc.
Also, the programme invested in two strategic projects:
· in the field of transport – with the main objective being to repair of the navigation infrastructure on the Bega canal;
· in the field of health, where there is a joint initiative of the two countries to fight cancer, in order to improve the diagnosis and treatment of the population in the border area.
The total budget of the programme is 88,125,002 euros, out of which 74,906,248 euros, represent non-reimbursable funding from the European Union.
In the period 2014-2020, projects are financed under 4 priority axes, in the following fields:
· employment promotion and basic services strengthening for an inclusive growth
· environmental protection and risk management
· sustainable mobility and accessibility
· attractiveness for sustainable tourism
The eligible area of the Programme consists of the counties of Timiș, Caraş-Severin and Mehedinți (from Romania) and the districts of Severnobanatski, Srednjebanatski, Južnobanatski, Braničevski, Borski, Podunavski (from Serbia).
Within the three calls, 72 projects were contracted (70 normal projects and 2 strategic projects), worth approximately 68.35 million euros
More information about the cross-border cooperation funded by the European Union under the Interreg-IPA Cross-Border Cooperation Romania-Serbia Programme may be found by accessing the following link: https://www.romania-serbia.net/?page_id=192
348 total views, 7 views today